Given the Center for Disease Control’s (CDC) recent statement, we wanted to share some important information regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) disease.
- The CDC has asked businesses and communities to begin preparing and developing action plans should the Coronavirus becomes more prevalent in North America.
- As we have seen from other outbreaks, these situations can be highly localized. It is likely that any action we take may be focused in specific locations.
- Associa has a plan in place and will implement those steps, if necessary.
How should you prepare:
- We encourage everyone to educate themselves on the virus and follow the WHO’s and CDC’s recommendations and take precautions to lower exposure risk:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Limit travel to high risk areas.
Additional resources for you:
- The WHO resources: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- CDC guidance: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/25/cdc-outlines-what-closing-schools-businesses-would-look-like-in-us-pandemic.html
- Personal protection: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public
Please use the resources above to educate yourself about the virus