Important information from Republic Services as they seek to protect trash collectors:
To help protect trash collectors during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic, Republic Services is asking residents to take extra care to not place any materials outside of Republic collection containers.
Republic Services states that impacts of COVID-19 on trash services include increased contamination of recycled materials as excess waste finds its way into recycling containers. Additionally, yard waste and bulk collection routes are pulling key resources away from residential routes that need extra support. The garbage and recycling crews are working diligently to continue to serve area residents with curbside collection services while experiencing an increase in volume of household setouts. To protect garbage and recycling staff during this time, Republic Services ask that you do the following:
- Fill Municipal Solid Waste containers with waste materials (trash) only.
- Fill recycling containers with recyclable materials only.
- Avoid placing loose bags of waste or recyclables of any kind on the ground.
- Suspend Yard Waste Collection (during the COVID19 Pandemic only).
- Suspend Bulk Waste Collection (during the COVID19 Pandemic only).
Thank you for your cooperation! For questions or further information, contact Republic Services at 800-762- 8888.