SCAM ALERT-Grandparents Beware
There is another SCAM going on in the area where someone may call your landline or cell phone and address you by name. They will then state that they have your grandchild in custody and bail money needs to be sent right away.
Here are the red flags to be aware of:
- They say that they are a lawyer (may use the name of Robert Miller)
- They ask for cash ($10,000-16,000) to be sent right away
- They do not address the grandchild by name
- They have an accomplice that will get on the phone and act like they are your grandchild in dire straits
- One number they are using is 646-397-0288
Please do not send CASH to anyone that asks for it, or give any of your personal information.
If you think the call is a scam or you have been scammed, please call Ocean Pines police at (410) 641-7747 and give them all of the information.
Ranyah Hamad, General Manager