Greetings Parke Members and residents. Hopefully your summer is going well. I want to address three items that have come to my attention recently that may be of interest to some of you.
1. The first item concerns grandchildren using our pool. You know we welcome children to come with you to the pool when they are visiting, but we do have certain hours that we ask you to follow. Our policy reads as follows:
Persons under 19 are permitted to use the pool daily only from 1pm to 4pm under direct supervision of a Member, resident or registered guest.
I know we have new Members/residents that may not be aware of our policy so I wanted to pass this information along, just in case you were not aware of the guidelines. The pool rules regarding running, jumping, etc., are posted on the wall in the pool area. Enjoy the pool and thank you for following our pool rules.
2. The second item I want to mention concerns the use of the clubhouse and the priority of groups using a room if or when more than one group is looking for space. Our policy reads as follows:
Clubhouse Usage Priority:
- The Board of Directors has precedence.
- Order of reservation priority:
Board of Directors meetings
Association sponsored events requiring reservations/sign up
Association recurring events/activities
Room Reservations without a fee
Almost all meetings are scheduled in advance, but it happens occasionally that a meeting is called outside the published schedule and the usage falls into place following the priority listing above. As it does not happen regularly, we must all be accommodating when the situation does arise. Thank you in advance, for your cooperation if and when the situation comes our way.
- As you may recall from reading the June 2021 Board Highlights, the Board moved to recalibrate the use of the Library to help ensure it reflected more on those activities which can only take place in that space. Specifically, the Board moved to eliminate the use of games and/or cards in the Library space. This was done after the Board received complaints from Members/residents wishing to utilize the Library for copier use, computer use, signing the activity books, and/or reading or relaxing in the seating area while several people were utilizing the work table for card playing. Since the Clubhouse already has a designated Card Room for games and a Grand Hall with multiple tables available for games, and an Art Room that can be used as a backup location, the Board felt this decision was both warranted and necessary. We do seem to have multiple choices for game activities. There is, though, only one location in the building for the copier, the computers, the signup books, the puzzle, etc., and Members/residents wishing to utilize those amenities must do so in the Library. This space should be available at all times for those activities that can only be done there. Our job as the Board is to listen to all Members and make the best decisions for our collective group while following our governing documents where all the guidelines, rules, and regulations are spelled out clearly. Perhaps the best way to understand how we work is to attend our Board meetings, or come to committee meetings where most issues get their start, then speak up and participate in the process. You will be surprised at how much time, thought, and work our committees and our Board invest on your behalf in The Parke. We will look forward to seeing you if you would like to join us.
Linda Olsen, Association President